How Do I Know If I Have A Termite Problem?
There are a few ways that you may be able to tell that you have a termite control problem. Now, please keep in mind that all of the things mentioned below do not indicate you have one, BUT are all signs that point to you having some legitimate concerns.
- Notice winged termites flying around your home and especially flocking to lights in or around your home, then you may have a problem.
- See wood in or around your home that appears to be damaged and hollowed out from termites, then you may have some issues to deal with.
- Find mud tubes that were created by termites around your home, then it may be time to call in the professionals.
Again, please keep in mind, just noticing these things may not necessarily mean that you have a termite problem, BUT they are significant signs that you just might.
With professional advice you can find out for sure, and if you need advice you can trust, then call on us.
Can I Take Care Of The Problem Myself?
Here’s the short answer – NO. Well, if you provide termite services then you could, but if you did, then you wouldn’t really be here, now would you?
Termite pest control is a specialized skill and a specialized area, which in turn calls for a specialist.
There are things that these professionals know to look out for such as where termites may be hiding, where the problem may be the worst and may call for specific equipment to be used.
Unfortunately, you just may not have this experience and skill set. In the long run, it’s much better for you to have a professional handle your termite problems.
What Happens During A Termite Inspection?
During the inspection process, one of our experienced team members will check your basement and other spaces for any kind of moisture, as well as checking the foundation and base areas for any signs of debris from wood. They will also check other places that may be a potential risk, such as clogged rain gutters or woody areas like wood chip piles.
Our team uses equipment such as termite detectors and meters to measure moisture to get a better idea of what level of termite infestation you may have, as well as where it may be affecting your home or business the most.
Upon completion, we will let you know of our detection and treatment plans as quickly as possible. The sooner you are able to find out your options, the sooner you will be able to implement an action plan. We will show you what you are up against, the recommended plan we have as well as monitoring we can offer after implementation is done.
What Options Do I Have When It Comes To Termite Barriers?
One of the best ways to treat a termite problem is to never let them in your home or business in the first place. When it comes to barriers of protection, there are several that you can choose from, here’s a look at two of them:
- Physical Barriers – These are placed between the soil and your home. They are made up of a variety of materials such as a mesh of stainless steel. In some cases these barriers may also include pouring of a concrete slab for added protection. Another physical barrier that has been used is a sand barrier, which is poured around the foundation, as well as below to a depth of several inches.
- Chemical Barriers – These can also be laid down to keep termites from entering the building. The soil surrounding the home or business is usually treated with some kind of chemical to keep the termites out. Some of these chemical barriers can go even further by killing the entire colony.
How Do I Choose The Right Termite Services Professionals?
This will call for you to do your homework, to check out different companies and to talk with them a bit to see if they are a good fit for you.
Experienced and qualified professionals, who are licensed and insured will bring you the best return on your money.
Be sure to look for a company that can provide you a track record of success, a company that has experience in the field and someone you can trust.
If you are need of service professionals in the field of termite treatment Brisbane, then look no further, you have just found it.
Our complete and comprehensive inspection service will be able to tell you exactly what is going on, and what you need to do to eradicate your termite problems.
Our years of experience in the field provide you qualified and professional individuals that will be able to handle any and all termite related issues.
Contact us today to see how we can help you take care of your termite concerns once and for all.